Sunday, April 18, 2010

Watch out for these Italian waiters


We ate out the other nite at a small (8 tables at most) ristorante very close to our hotel. I wear my Georgia Tech cap everywhere. Since I was eating I put my hat on a chair next to mine. The waiter came over, saw the cap and we all had quite an evening. He was much into American sports. The Miami Hurricanes was his favorite team. He didn't like the NBA but loved college basketball. Was really into golf - had a golfball in his pocket. So we had a fun evening, The food was just so-so, but the waiter was quite a card.
Talked to Tommy today. Susanne will get a full checkup in the middle of May. The only bad spot in our journey so far is that Peg's knees (her good one in particular) has really been giving her fits. We get on the ship tomorrow and she will check in with the ship's doctor. Hope this air travel thing gets straightened out soon. Would hate to row back to the states. More later.

No comments: