Friday, May 14, 2010

At home, finally.

Hi everybody. Ted here, Peg is playing catch-up with all the work around the house. We got home Monday - but I think you know about our originally scheduled flights getting cancelled. The flight from Heathrow to Phoenix was long. It usually is what with a headwind. But a new route due to the ash. We had picked up colds and felt miserable all the way. The only saving grace (partially, anyway) was the beautiful sight as we flew over the Rockies. I did get some pics but they don't give it justice. Anyway, we got home Monday night - late. Boy will a shower feel good!!! The hot water heater was off, of course - always cut off the water heater. I couldn't start it. Next day called the Whirlpool people. They had a unit already to send me - apparently lots of folks had been having the same problem. Even the UPS man who delivered the unit commented on the fact that he had delivered a lot of them. I had planned to install it myself but on seeing the unit (and knowing how rotten I felt) I called a plumber. He came the next day and installed it. It started up, the plumber left and the heater quit. In that order. The plumber was a nice kid and guess what, he forget to put his tools in his truck. So he had to come back. He did, this morning and installed another, different, unit on the heater. so far it works and we are looking forward to our first shower in almost a week. Hooray!!!!

I did get a little work done - I have all my pictures set up by day and can now start editing, and picking and choosing. I did a little cutting out when I could and really wished for the laptop. Maybe next time won't be so bad. See ya later.

No comments: